Calling future leaders in Synthetic Biology
July 16, 2012 § Leave a comment
• Do you have great ideas for advancing synthetic biology in the public interest?
• Do you want time, tools and partners to develop your ideas into action?
• Do you want to build a community working to best advance biotechnology?
Then join us as one of twenty emerging leaders who will spend a week developing plans for how they – and others – can best advance synthetic biology for the public good.
• Work with your peers, a professional creative facilitation team, and guest experts across sectors in biotechnology.
• Explore frameworks for assessing how biotechnologies can create public value.
• Develop leadership skills for engaging across diverse organizational contexts shaping biotechnology.
• Create actionable plans for mobilizing your ideas for best advancing synthetic biology.
Share your plans with individuals and organizations that can support your goals beyond LeAP.
• Relax in Airlie’s beautiful grounds, enjoy great food and drink, network, and benefit from focused time to develop your ideas.
LeAP is shaped by your ideas and goals. If you want to lead a great future for – and through – synthetic biology, LeAP with us. We welcome participants across career stages, disciplines and sectors.
LeAP participation is fully sponsored by an open consortium of community funders and organizers, including the NSF, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, SynBERC, BioBricks Foundation, and the Woodrow Wilson Center’s Synthetic Biology Project. If you or your organization is interested in supporting LeAP, please contact us.
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis. Limited spots are available and will fill up soon. Tell your friends and don’t wait to apply!
More information: synbioleap.org
Contact us: info AT synbioleap.org
Spread the word: #synbioLEAP